DirecTV is a satellite television provider that offers customers more than 180 channels of programming. The company also provides customers with the option to stream live TV, video on demand, and internet services through their website or mobile app.
The directv troubleshooting no signal is a guide that can be used to troubleshoot issues with DirectTV.
You may be watching DirecTV without interruptions when the service abruptly stops functioning.
If your receiver isn’t receiving any signals or your decoder isn’t connected to the internet, you may have a problem. Different DirecTV error codes may appear in certain instances, indicating the precise source of the problem.
On DirecTV, many problems have a corresponding error code. The benefit of receiving DirecTV error codes is that it becomes much easier to diagnose and repair the problem.
However, finding a remedy when there isn’t an error number or notice may be difficult. Here are a few common DirecTV problems and how to diagnose or repair them.
What is the procedure for resetting a DirecTV receiver?
Many problems with DirecTV may be resolved by restarting your device. The following instructions will show you how to reset your DirecTV receiver.
To begin, press the reset button.
The red Reset button is the initial way of resetting the receiver. Wait for the receiver to reset once you’ve finished.
2. Disconnect the receiver
Disconnect the receiver’s power cable from the wall socket. Before connecting it back in, wait approximately 15 seconds.
Next, press and hold the Power button on the device’s front panel until it reboots.
3. Reset the gadget to its default settings.
Everything will be lost if you restore to factory settings, including playlists, personalized preferences, and favorites. To do so, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the receiver’s blue power button.
- After 20 seconds, release the button.
You may reboot your DirecTV using any of the three ways listed above. If you’re still having problems, try refreshing your service. To do so, follow these steps:
- Log into your AT&T account.
- Go to My Features & Equipment.
- Select Refresh My Service from the drop-down menu.
Allow time for the service to restart.
Troubleshooting the DirecTV no signal error
There are many methods to diagnose or repair DirecTV signal loss:
- Check your TV’s inputs and your receiver’s settings.
- Begin by turning off and on your receiver and television.
- Press TV Input on your remote control.
- Changing the TV inputs until you obtain an image is a good idea.
- Check the cord that connects your receiver to your television. Make sure it isn’t too loose.
Resetting the receiver is a second option for resolving the problem. By pushing the red reset button on the inside of the access card door, you may do so. Simply press the button and wait for the receiver to reset.
Alternatively, disconnect the receiver’s power connection from the wall socket. Wait approximately 15 seconds before plugging it in again.
Finally, turn on your receiver by pressing the Power button and allowing it to reset.
How to repair a broken DirecTV remote control
Your remote may be malfunctioning, preventing you from changing channels, controlling volume, accessing the guide, menu, or lists.
The following steps can help you troubleshoot the DirecTV remote:
- Check to see whether the Mode switch is set to DirecTV.
- Check that all of the buttons are in functioning order.
- Ascertain that the batteries have sufficient power.
You may also try changing your remote’s mode:
- Activate the MENU button.
- Select Remote Control from the Settings menu.
- Select IR/RF Setup from the drop-down menu.
- Switch from RF to IR.
- Continue is the option.
- EXIT or MENU are the buttons to press.
Resetting the remote is another option to consider:
- Simultaneously press and hold the SELECT and MUTE buttons.
- There will be two flashes of the green light.
- To watch the green light flash four times, press 981.
Next, hit any buttons on the remote to check if it works again. Error codes 615 and 616 on DirecTV are also linked to code 614 and have the same solutions.
Troubleshooting DirecTV sound problems
The following techniques may be used to troubleshoot distorted or no sound problems on DirecTV:
- On your remote, press the INFO button.
- On the info box, choose the Audio/Video option.
- Select Dolby Audio in English.
If you’re listening to Secondary Audio Programming Dolby Audio, the following patch will work. It will transition to the main language and the gadget will be able to record audio.
Another option for resolving the problem is to use your remote’s Volume Up button. If it doesn’t work, double-check the audio/video cords for loose connections.
You may also try changing channels to match the audio and visuals, particularly if sound synchronization is a problem.
How to connect a DirecTV remote and program it
You must program the DirecTV remote before connecting it. You may configure a DirecTV universal remote for an HD receiver or HD DVR in the following way.
- On the remote, press Menu.
- Setup Parental Favorites by selecting them from the drop-down menu.
- System Setup is the option to choose.
- Choose between a remote and a remote control.
- Select Program Remote from the menu.
- Select the device you wish to operate with the remote. To finish the procedure, follow the on-screen instructions.
Error codes for DirecTV and how to repair them
You may encounter a number of problems while utilizing DirecTV. When this occurs, scroll down to the particular problem that appears on your TV and use the remedies we’ve given.
Error code 775 is one of them.
An interruption between the receiver and the satellite dish caused error number 775 on DirecTV. You may fix the problem by double-checking your receiver connections.
- Starting with the SAT-IN cable, secure all connections on the rear of the receiver.
- Remove the SWiM Power Inserter from the electrical socket, wait 15 seconds, and then plug it back in to reset it.
If none of the following methods work, contact customer care to arrange a service call.
771 is the error code.
When you get a DirecTV Error Code 771, it indicates your dish isn’t connecting with the satellite properly. Here’s how to get it fixed:
- Go to the rear of your receiver and press the back button.
- Make sure all of the cable connections are secure.
- Check for any loose adaptors and secure the SAT-IN cable.
- Remove the SWiM power inserter from the DirecTV cable connected to your dish.
- Allow 15 seconds to pass.
- Replace the plug. Make sure the SWiM power inserter is not plugged into a power outlet that you can switch off.
If you can see your satellite dish from the outside, be sure nothing is obstructing the equipment’s line of sight to the sky.
Error code 615 is the third item on the list.
A connectivity problem is the reason of DirecTV error code 615. When your equipment isn’t connecting with the main Genie receiver, you’ll notice it.
This may happen if the Genie DVR has been changed or if the wireless video bridge has lost power or is restarting.
Here’s what you should do:
- When the problem occurs, your TV screen will display some instructions.
- To resolve the problem, follow their instructions.
- Alternatively, press the Reset button on the wireless video bridge or receiver.
- Make sure the receiver’s cords are secure.
Allow up to ten minutes for your device to reconfigure after pressing the red Reset button.
Error code 927 is the fourth error code.
When processing downloaded On-Demand movies or shows, you’ll see error 927. The easiest way to solve this problem is to erase the recording and re-download it.
If the issue persists, contact a customer service representative.
Error code 928 is the fifth item on the list.
When your wireless video bridge isn’t functioning properly, you’ll get error code 928. Resetting the connection for your Genie receiver is a good place to start.
- On the Genie receiver, press the red reset button.
- The system may take up to 10 minutes to resume.
The system will be ready when you see two green lights. You may now switch on your television and resume viewing your favorite shows.
Error code 936 is a six-digit number that indicates a problem.
Contacting DirecTV customer service is the best method to resolve problem code 936. Because there is a technical problem, dial 800.288.2020.
You may also contact the service through social media or via its website, where you can start an online conversation. If you’re receiving error code 931, follow the same steps.
86 is the error code.
If you get an error number 86, it indicates you can’t connect to the internet. Many DirecTV troubleshooting codes relating to internet connection problems arise as a result of the following:
- The router has been switched off.
- The router isn’t working properly.
- The receiver’s connection to the router was lost.
- Despite network connections, you do not have an internet connection.
- You’re having trouble configuring the network settings on your router or receiver.
If your DirecTV still won’t connect after attempting the previous options, you’ll need to reset the receiver settings. Navigate to Menu > Settings & Help > Settings > Internet Setup > Advanced Setting > Reset Network to do this.
Re-enter the network settings after completing the preceding procedures. You may also use the following steps to reconnect your DirecTV HD DVR to the internet:
- On the remote, press Menu.
- Select Reconnect Now from the Settings menu.
YES is the answer to the on-screen question.
Error code 612 is the number eight.
Error codes 611, 612, or 613 are shown when your DirecTV equipment is unable to communicate with the Genie receiver. There are many methods to troubleshoot it:
- To repair the issue, follow the instructions on your TV screen.
- On the back of your receiver, press the red reset button.
Many problems with the device may be resolved with a reset, allowing you to resume viewing content.
750 is the error code.
The error code 750 on DirecTV stands for “Service Not Active.” It happens when you attempt to get HD material in order to watch OTA channels.
The only solution is to guarantee that you have access to HD content. Consider resetting your receiver if you are experiencing the issue by accident.
Bringing everything to a close
The majority of DirecTV problems have a corresponding error code. You’ll know the precise source of the issue if you receive one of the numerous DirecTV error codes.
This will make following the steps in this DirecTV troubleshooting tutorial much easier. If you don’t see an error number and can’t figure out how to repair it, contact customer service for help.
The directv genie not working in one room is a problem that has been present for a while. DirecTV released a troubleshooting guide to help with the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I troubleshoot DIRECTV?
The first step is to make sure that you have a good connection. If you are getting a signal from your satellite or cable, then all of the connections should be secure and in working order. If not, then there may be something wrong with your equipment. In this case, contact your provider for assistance.
Why is my DIRECTV receiver not connecting?
If your DIRECTV receiver is not connecting, try to reset the receiver.
How do I reboot my DIRECTV receiver?
You need to unplug the power cord from the outlet, then plug it back in.
- directv troubleshooting 771
- directv troubleshooting remote control
- directv says waiting for receiver signal
- directv small receiver not working
- directv troubleshooting phone number