The error 0xc0000142 is a general Windows 10 error message that indicates your PC has experienced an issue with the kernel. This can happen for many reasons, but you should be able to fix this by checking Event Viewer.
The “the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142) windows 10” is a problem that has been present for a while. Windows 10 users have reported this error, and it can be fixed by following the steps below: 1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard 2. Type cmd in the text box 3. Right-click Command Prompt 4. Click Run as administrator 5. In the command prompt window type: net stop wuauserv 6. Press Enter 7. Type: regsvr32 /s %windir%\system32\wucltui.dll 8. Press Enter 9. Close the command prompt window
Update: Use our optimization tool to stop receiving error messages and slowing down your machine. Click here to get it right now.
Windows 10 users are affected by the error number 0xc0000142. When users attempt to run Windows apps, this error often happens. Because “the program failed to start properly (0xc0000142),” the message provided in the application error field helps users to identify the mistake. The following are some of the most common symptoms of this error code:
- Inability to start applications
- Windows apps may not properly start.
- Message area occurrence of error code 0xc0000142
What causes application problems 0xc0000142?
The 0xc0000142 application error is caused by a software failure or corruption. When attempting to execute “cmd.exe,” the DOS emulation software for your computer, several users have reported getting this error. Despite the fact that this error does not indicate an issue with the system or program, it may be resolved following the regular procedure.
A faulty or defective file utilized by numerous apps is the most common cause of application error 0xc0000142. These files are required for the computer to function, and if they are corrupted in any way, the computer becomes very unstable, resulting in problems like the 0xc0000142 error.
How can I fix the 0xc0000142 application error?
Update for November 2021:
You may now use this program to avoid PC issues such as file loss and infection by utilizing it. It’s also a terrific method to get the most out of your computer’s performance. The software easily repairs common Windows system faults – no need to spend hours debugging when you have the correct answer right at your fingertips:
- Step 1: Get the PC Repair & Optimizer Tool (Microsoft Gold Certified for Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, and Vista).
- Step 2: Select “Start Scan” to look for Windows registry issues that might be causing your computer to malfunction.
- Step 3: To address all faults, click “Repair All.”
Start the file checker for the system.
- To launch “Run,” press Windows + R.
- Press ‘Ctrl+Shift+Enter’ after typing ‘cmd.’
- Press Enter after typing this command. This is going to take some time. sfc /scannow sfc /scannow sfc /scannow
- Wait for the procedure to finish.
Make sure your NVIDIA driver is up to date.
- Open your device’s browser window.
- Then, on your browser, type “Nvidia Driver” and hit enter.
- Then choose “Download Driver|NVIDIA” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Product Type”, “Product Series”, “Product”, “Operating System”, “Windows Driver Type”, and “Download Type” according to the driver specs in the “Download NVIDIA Driver” section of this window.
- Then choose “Search” from the drop-down menu.
- If the driver seems to be ready to download, click “Download” to begin the process.
- Close your computer’s browser window.
- On your PC, go to this location.
- Look for the downloaded software on your computer’s hard disk.
- To begin the driver installation procedure, double-click it.
- To finish the installation, restart your computer.
As an administrator, you can start the application.
- Locate and right-click the program you wish to launch. Select “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Select “Compatibility” from the drop-down menu. Then choose “Run this software as an administrator” from the drop-down menu.
- The box will be marked with a checkmark.
- “Apply” and “OK” should be selected.
- Restart your computer and try again to execute the program.
With a single command, re-register all DLL files.
- In the Windows 10 search box, type cmd.
- Then pick “Run as administrator” from the context menu when you right-click on the command line icon.
- To execute the command, copy and paste it below and hit Enter. Do regvr32.exe / s percent I in (percent windir percent Nsystem32*.dll) for percent I
- After you’ve ran the programs above, copy and paste the command below for a complete run. Do regsvr32.exe / s percent I in (percent windir percent system32*.ocx) for percent I
- Close the command prompt window now.
RECOMMENDED: To resolve Windows issues and improve system performance, go here.
Most Commonly Asked Questions
- As an administrator, run the program.
- Remove all third-party antivirus software.
- To fix issue 0xc0000142, start your computer in safe mode.
- Perform a fresh boot of the system.
- The program should be reinstalled or updated.
- Scan your PC using System File Checker (SFC) and DISM.
Error 0xc0000142 arises multiple times an hour at random intervals after installing Windows updates. The following is the whole text: “cmd.exe is causing an application problem. The program did not start properly (0xc0000142). To exit the program, click OK.”
The computer’s inability to correctly handle the data and settings required to execute a specific program or installation is the most common reason of an application error.
Watch This Video-
The “0xc0000142 download” is an error that occurs when the application is unable to start correctly. The issue can be fixed using a variety of methods.
- the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). click ok to close the application.
- 0xc0000142 windows 7
- rdrservicesupdater.exe – application error 0xc0000142
- excel application unable to start correctly