Are you a PSG fan? Have you been hoping that Zidane will land one of the continent’s best players in the next transfer window? We’re guessing you’re hoping for Mbappe. The 19-year-old French international has been one of the best players in Europe since his debut in 2013 and has continually impressed, even when playing for lesser clubs in France and Monaco.
With all due respect to the rest of the world, this week is all about Paris Saint-Germain. They are the most successful French club in history with 14 league titles to their name, 3 Champions League titles, 3 French Cup trophies, 3 French League Cup trophies, 2 French Super Cup trophies, 5 French League 1 titles, 4 French Cup titles, 3 French League 2 titles, 3 French Ligue 2 titles, 2 French Super Cup trophies, 2 French League Cup trophies, 1 French Cup trophy, 1 French League 1 title, 1 French League 2 title.
This text is sensitive. Try generating new copy.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer season has reached Deadline Day, which means the top teams are trying to make an impact in the market while they still can. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
Is there a deadline for the window to close? (BST/ET) Serie A: 11.59 p.m. / 5.59 p.m. | Ligue 1: 11.59 p.m. / 5.59 p.m. | Bundesliga: 5 p.m. / 12 p.m. | EPL: 11 p.m. / 6 p.m. | LaLiga: 11 p.m. / 6 p.m.
TOP STORY: Will PSG’s Kylian Mbappe join Real Madrid?
It’s transfer deadline day, which means teams just have a few hours to complete their transactions before the end of the year. PSG striker Kylian Mbappe is the focus of all the attention as Real Madrid continues their pursuit of him.
Real Madrid has made two offers for the France international, for €160 million and €180 million respectively, but PSG is yet to react to the latest offer and will not allow him to go for that sum. If a third offer is not received, Mbappe will stay at PSG for the rest of the season, particularly if the club is unable to find a successor during this transfer window.
Real Madrid has withdrew from the talks, according to RMC Sport, although this seems to be premature, since AS reports that Mbappe has requested PSG to examine Madrid’s offer and is eager to go.
According to ESPN, there is fear in Madrid that if a deal is not reached soon, the striker may succumb to pressure from PSG — and his colleagues there — and agree to a contract extension.
According to ESPN, Real Madrid is also close to acquiring Eduardo Camavinga, an 18-year-old midfielder from Rennes, for €30 million.
– Real Madrid closes closer on a €30 million deal for Camavinga – Cristiano Ronaldo joins Manchester United from Juventus RB Leipzig is set to sign a Barcelona player. Ilaix Moriba is a character in the game Ilaix Moriba – Willian joins Corinthians from Arsenal – Chelsea considering a late bid for Sevilla’s Kounde
08.21 BST: According to numerous sources in Spain on Monday night, Atletico Madrid has rejected down a loan agreement from Barcelona for Joao Felix.
Barca were interested in signing the 21-year-old striker on loan “with no money involved,” according to Catalan radio station RAC1.
According to reports, agent Jorge Mendes was entrusted with calling Atletico Madrid and inquiring about a potential transfer, only to be informed that the Madrid club would not consider it.
Barcelona had previously shown interest in the Portugal international, with ESPN claiming that a swap deal including Antoine Griezmann was mooted.
08.03 BST: Moise Kean of Everton has completed his transfer to Juventus.
Kean, 21, seals a two-year loan contract for €7 million with an option to make it permanent for €28 million plus €3 million in add-ons.
07.46 BST: Juventus said their last goodbyes to Cristiano Ronaldo on Tuesday, ahead of Manchester United’s formal announcement of his return to Old Trafford.
The Serie A club also announced that Ronaldo’s price will be capped at €23 million, payable over five years. By the time the last payment from Manchester United is due, Ronaldo will be 41 years old.
“On 10 July 2018, two giants of the European and football world came together – Cristiano Ronaldo became a Juventus player,” the Serie A club said on their website in an emotional homage to the Portugal international. That chapter has come to an end today, after three years together and 133 appearances, 101 goals scored, and five trophies won…. CR7 and Juventus have diverged on their own paths.
“The electrifying sensation of those golden days could be sensed in the air on that July day when Cristiano landed in Turin. Juventus supporters greeted CR7 like a king, anxious to see him on the field and celebrate with him. It was a fantastic tale.
“We had a lot of memorable times together. We could repeat and relive them, but it would be ineffective since everyone has a unique memory associated with CR7. Everyone has a common feeling that doesn’t need to be relived since everyone will recall how they felt when strolling along this stretch of road together.
“That connection, which was formed three years ago on July 10th, has now been broken, but what has been written will live on forever. It’s been a fantastic trip.”
07.30 a.m. BST: According to ESPN, Manchester United and Leeds United are discussing a trade for Daniel James.
The Wales winger, who has spent the past two seasons at Old Trafford after joining from Swansea City in 2019, has been linked with both a loan and a permanent transfer.
James had started two of United’s first three games and was expected to remain at the club.
According to ESPN, with the additions of Jadon Sancho and Cristiano Ronaldo this summer, the 23-year-old is worried about his chances under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.
– Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+
Jules Kounde’s potential transfer from Sevilla to Chelsea is discussed by Gab Marcotti and Julien Laurens.
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Danny Lewis)
– According to the Daily Star, Liverpool, Tottenham Hotspur, and AC Milan are all interested in Sampdoria winger Mikkel Damsgaard. The 21-year-old had an outstanding campaign for Denmark at Euro 2020, with his free-kick against England likely catching the eye of the aforementioned Premier League teams. Despite the fact that it is late in the transfer window, Liverpool may yet make a bid for him after Xherdan Shaqiri joined Lyon, and Divock Origi and Takumi Minamino could also go.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Marc Cucurella has finalized his transfer from Getafe to Brighton & Hove Albion. The Premier League club has reportedly triggered the Spaniard’s €18 million release clause, with a physical already completed.
– According to Diario Sport, Barcelona is seeking to sell Brazilian goalkeeper Neto to Villarreal. With Marc-Andre ter Stegen standing in his way, the 32-year-old is eager to go in pursuit of more regular first-team minutes. Barcelona has said that until they get €8 million, the goalkeeper will remain.
– According to the Daily Mail, Everton manager Rafa Benitez wants to reconnect with Salomon Rondon, with whom he previously worked at Newcastle United and Dalian Yifang. However, a trade may be difficult to complete since the striker would have to give up the money due to him by the Chinese club.
– According to Foot Mercato, Marseille and Lille are among the teams interested in AS Roma midfielder Steven N’Zonzi. The transfer is likely because Roma manager Jose Mourinho wants to remove the Frenchman off the payroll. N’Zonzi must now choose which team he wants to join.
According to Foot Mercato, Lyon has cooled its interest in Zenit Saint Petersburg attacker Sardar Azmoun and has instead shifted their focus to Montpellier’s Gaetan Laborde. West Ham United, Stade Rennes, Sevilla FC, Villarreal, and even Zenit have all scouted Laborde, who is 27 years old. Lyon would reportedly need to offer more than €20 million to sign the forward.
- kylian mbappe
- mbappe height