Windows 10 offers two different types of Ethernet: a wired connection and an in-built wireless adapter. Microsoft is offering a free tool to help troubleshoot your network problems, but it may not be the solution you’re looking for.
The “windows 11 ethernet driver” is a topic that many users have been experiencing. The issue has been caused by the Windows update, and Microsoft has released an update to fix the issue.
Kazim has always been fascinated by technology, whether it’s tinkering with the settings on his iPhone, Android device, or Windows computer. And, on occasion, unscrewing the gadget to inspect the hardware, however… Continue reading
- Several customers have complained that they are unable to access the Internet due to Ethernet issues.
- It might be caused by anything from minor problems like loose or broken connections to more serious ones like outdated or corrupt drivers and incorrect network settings.
- By upgrading the driver, changing the network settings, or using various built-in troubleshooters, the problem may be readily repaired.
BY CLICKING ON THE DOWNLOAD FILE, YOU CAN INSTALL XINSTALL.
We propose Restoro PC Repair Tool to address a variety of PC issues: This program will fix common computer faults, protect you against file loss, viruses, and hardware failure, and optimize your PC to run at its best. In three simple actions, you can immediately fix PC problems and eradicate viruses:
- Download the Restoro PC Repair Tool, which includes patent-pending technologies (patent available here).
- To detect Windows faults that may be causing PC difficulties, click Start Scan.
- To correct problems that are hurting your computer’s security and performance, click Repair All.
- This month, 0 readers have downloaded Restoro.
Windows 11, Microsoft’s most recent version in the series, has a lot to offer in terms of functionality and style. However, several customers have complained that Ethernet does not function with Windows 11 after upgrading.
This is a serious issue since they are unable to create a secure Internet connection. As a result, it’s critical that the Windows 11 Ethernet not functioning problem be resolved as soon as possible.
But, before we get to the remedies, we need to figure out what’s causing the problem. This will assist you in identifying the fundamental issue in your instance, making troubleshooting much easier and faster.
Aside from that, have a look at this post on how to fix Wi-Fi problems with Windows 11. You’ll see that several of the perpetrators are the same.
What causes the Windows 11 Ethernet not functioning error?
The problem may be caused by a variety of factors, which we have attempted to outline below:
- Drivers that are out-of-date or corrupt
- You’re using an older version of Windows.
- Hardware malfunctions
- Malware or a virus has attacked your computer.
- The Ethernet adaptor is turned off.
- Settings that are incorrectly setup
- Applications that are incompatible
Now that you’ve grasped the basic issues, let’s move on to the solutions.
What can I do if Ethernet in Windows 11 isn’t working?
1. Examine the Ethernet cable connectors.
When dealing with the Ethernet not functioning problem in Windows 11, the first thing you should do is double-check your connections.
The first thing you should check is that the cords are securely connected. Alternatively, just disconnect and re-plug them, making sure they fit snugly into the port.
Check for any damage to the Ethernet cable as well. The underlying problem is often discovered to be a broken cable. Check the cable for any large bends or cuts, and if any are discovered, replace it.
2. Turn on the modem/router again.
Restarting the modem/router is a straightforward solution for troubles establishing an Ethernet connection. You may turn it off by unplugging the power cord or looking for a power switch.
Some newer versions come with built-in batteries, which must be removed in order to switch off the modem/router.
Wait a minute or two after turning it off before plugging it back in to see if the Ethernet not functioning problem in Windows 11 has been resolved.
3. Reboot your Windows 11 computer.
- To open the Shut Down Windows box, go to the desktop and click Alt + F4.
- Select Restart from the list of choices by clicking the dropdown menu.
- To restart the computer, choose OK.
In most situations, the Ethernet not functioning problem is caused by a minor bug that may be resolved by restarting the computer. When you restart Windows, the operating system is refreshed, and any bugs that have previously infiltrated the system are removed.
Check whether you can connect to the internet over Ethernet after restarting the computer. If it doesn’t work, go on to the next repair.
Even if it works, you should still do the other remedies since rebooting is just a temporary remedy for most issues.
4. Verify that the Ethernet adapter is turned on.
- To open the Run command, press Windows + R.
- To open the Network Connections window, type ncpa.cpl in the text box and click OK at the bottom or press Enter.
- Check to see whether the Ethernet adapter is greyed out. If this is the case, the affected adapter is deactivated and must be switched on manually.
- Select Enable from the context menu when right-clicking on the Ethernet option.
- Check whether the Windows 11 Ethernet not functioning problem has been resolved after activating the device.
5. Reinstall the Ethernet driver if necessary.
- To access the Power User/Quick Access menu, right-click on the Start button in the Taskbar or press Windows + X.
- From the list of choices that appears, choose Device Manager.
- Locate the Network adapters entry and double-click it.
- Select Uninstall device from the context menu when right-clicking on the Ethernet adapter.
- After that, choose the checkbox for Attempt to uninstall this device’s driver and click Uninstall.
- Restart the Windows 11 computer after deleting the driver.
In many circumstances, the driver will become corrupt over time, resulting in numerous Ethernet faults. All you need to do now is reinstall it.
When you restart your computer after deleting the corrupt Ethernet driver, Windows will immediately install a new, non-corrupt version. This should resolve the Ethernet problem in Windows 11.
6. Install the latest Ethernet driver.
If an old version of the driver is installed on the computer, it is likely to result in a variety of issues, including the Ethernet not functioning problem. As a result, it’s critical that you maintain the driver up to date.
In Windows 11, you may update a driver in three ways: using Device Manager, Windows Update, or manually downloading the most recent version from the manufacturer’s website.
To assist you in updating the Ethernet driver, all three approaches have been mentioned.
6.1 With the help of Device Manager
Only driver updates that are already installed on the system may be installed using Device Manager. If you already have one, follow the procedures outlined below. Otherwise, you may go on to the next step, which is to use Windows Update.
- To open the Search Menu, press Windows + S.
- Enter Device Manager in the text area at the top and click on the correct search result to open the component.
- Locate Network adapters and double-click it.
- Select Update Driver from the context menu when you right-click on one of the Ethernet adapters mentioned below.
- Then, in the Update Drivers box, choose Search automatically for drivers, the first option, to have your system search for and install the best available driver on your PC.
Check whether the Ethernet not functioning problem in Windows 11 has been resolved once the driver has been updated. If that doesn’t work or Windows can’t identify a newer version, go on to the next step to update the driver.
6.2 Installed with Windows Update
- To open the Setttings app, press Windows + I.
- From the left-hand navigation pane, choose Windows Update from the tabs.
- Then, on the right, click Windows Update.
- Under More choices, look for Advanced options and select it.
- Now go to Additional options and look for Optional updates. The amount of updates available is shown at the bottom of the selection. If none are accessible, you may skip the next steps and go on to the next option for updating.
- Select Driver Updates from the drop-down menu.
- If an Ethernet driver update is available, choose it from the drop-down menu and click Download & install.
Windows Update is a simple and secure way to keep your system’s drivers up to date. However, only certified drivers that have been submitted to Microsoft will be shown here. And the entire thing takes a long time.
This simply indicates that there’s a strong probability that an update will be accessible on the manufacturer’s website before Microsoft approves it, and that these updates are also safe to install. As a result, it’s essential to go to the manufacturer’s website.
6.3 Obtaining information from the manufacturer’s website
Before going to the manufacturer’s website to look for driver updates, you should figure out what version you have now so you can see whether a newer one is available.
- As previously said, open the Device Manager.
- Select the Network adapters item and double-click it.
- Select Properties from the context menu by right-clicking on the Ethernet adapter.
- Select the Drivers tab and make a note of the Driver version.
- Now go to Google and search for a driver update using the phrases Device Name, OS (Windows 11), and Driver Update.
- From the search results, find and open the manufacturer’s official website.
- Using the present version as a starting point, look for a newer version.
- If there is an Ethernet driver update available, install it. Most likely, this file will be in.exe format.
- To run the installer, go to the location where the downloaded file is saved and double-click on it.
- To finish the installation, follow the on-screen directions.
A driver update may be released on a third-party website rather than the official manufacturer’s website on rare occasions. In such circumstances, it’s a good idea to double-check the source before continuing with the download.
Check whether the Ethernet not functioning problem in Windows 11 has been resolved after downloading the newest version. Furthermore, we suggest utilizing a specialized program like DriverFix for automatic checks of missing or outdated drivers.
If the fault continues, it is unlikely to be caused by the driver. As a result, go to the next solution.
7. Run the Troubleshooter for Network Adapters.
- To open the Settings app, press Windows + I.
- In the System tab, on the right, click Troubleshoot.
- Then choose Other troubleshooters.
- Locate and click the Run button next to the Network Adapter troubleshooter.
- Wait for the troubleshooter to start, then click Next after selecting the Ethernet option when requested.
One of the best methods to repair a mistake is to use Microsoft’s built-in troubleshooters. Simply choose the appropriate troubleshooter, run it, follow the on-screen instructions, and select the appropriate answer when given, and you’re done.
8. Install the latest Windows 11 update
- To open the Settings, press Windows + I.
- From the left-hand tabs, choose Windows Update.
- On the right, choose Windows Update.
- To check for and download any available updates, go to Check for updates.
Running an earlier version of Windows might also result in a variety of issues, including the Ethernet not functioning error. As a result, keeping Windows up to date is suggested to prevent issues.
Aside from faults, Microsoft delivers a slew of new features and fixes for previously known flaws with each version. These will undoubtedly improve and secure your Windows experience.
9. Restart your network.
- To open the Settings app, press Windows + I.
- Choose Network & Internet from the left-hand navigation pane’s options.
- From the choices on the right, choose Advanced network settings.
- Then, under More settings, choose Network reset.
- Next to Network reset, click the Reset now option.
- On the confirmation box that displays, choose Yes.
If the previous approaches fail to resolve the Ethernet not functioning problem in Windows 11, try resetting the network settings. The network adapters are reinstalled and the settings are reset when you reboot the computer.
If an Ethernet connection cannot be created, how can I carry out the fixes?
If the Windows 11 Ethernet connection isn’t functioning, you may try setting up a Wi-Fi connection instead, if one is available. If you’re having problems with this, try starting Windows 11 in Safe Mode.
We’re going through all this bother because some of the solutions outlined here will need an active Internet connection. Rest certain that these are the important options with the best probability of addressing the problem.
The solutions suggested above will almost certainly cure the Ethernet not functioning problem in Windows 11. If the problem continues, you may either restore the system or restore Windows 11 to its default settings.
Also, have a look at this advice on how to troubleshoot Ethernet issues with Windows 10. After all, this problem isn’t exclusive to Windows 11 users, and some of the remedies are interchangeable.
Please let us know which solution worked best for you in the comments area below.
Was this page of assistance to you?
Thank you very much!
There are insufficient details It’s difficult to comprehend Other Speak with a Professional
Start a discussion.
The “new windows 10 install no ethernet driver” is a problem that many people have been experiencing. The issue has been present for some time now, and Microsoft is still working on a solution to fix the issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I fix my Ethernet driver not working?
A: If you are having an issue with your Ethernet driver not working, try uninstalling and reinstalling the network adapter. This may be required in some cases for reasons such as a system update or improper installation.
Why is my wired Ethernet not working?
A: Some Ethernet cables are not compatible with all routers. In order to determine if your Ethernet is compatible, try plugging the cable into a different port on the back of your router and wait 30 seconds before you unplug it again. If this does not fix the issue, we recommend contacting your ISP or tech support for further help.
How do I fix my Ethernet Adapter Windows 10?
A: Windows 10 has removed the legacy adapter detection. The best way to fix this is by using Device Manager or Command Prompt in Admin Mode.
- realtek lan driver windows 11
- windows 11 drivers download
- windows 11 connected no internet
- windows 11 slow internet
- windows 11 networking